The 2022 Völkl Secret 96 Women's Skis are ready for daily driver duty from coast to coast. Prized for their stability through variable snow and superior edge hold on firmer stuff, the new model is tweaked rather than overhauled. A progressive Tailored Titanal Frame design makes for a more finely tuned ride in each length, while a new carbon layup in the tips helps lighten the load for greater agility without compromising on-snow performance. If you're a strong skier looking to gain an edge at the resort, there are few that can match up to the power and capability of the Secret 96s.
- Tip & Tail Rocker – Bends up only in the shovel and tail zones, with a camber shape in the middle.
- 3D Radius Sidecut – Three radii in one ski shape deliver maximum versatility - long radii at the tip and tail for stability and smoothness, and a short radius in the mid-body allows the skier to switch from long arcs to short turns at will, at any speed.
- Multilayer Woodcore – The combination of beech and poplar results in an extremely durable wood core composed of hard wood in the binding area and lighter wood surrounding it.
- Tailored Titanal Frame – The size of the frames is tailored to the skier's height, skiing ability and power. This means that longer ski models have a higher titanal content for more stiffness, more direct power transmission and stronger dampening. The shorter the length, the lower the titanal content, which makes the ski more agile, so that smaller, lighter and less powerful skiers can use the full potential performance of the ski.
- Tailored Carbon Tips – In this innovative manufacturing process the new Tailored Carbon Tips are produced by embroidering the individual carbon fibers onto a carrier material. This allows them to be positioned exactly along the stress lines, opening up completely new possibilities, for performance at the front of the ski, which has a decisive influence on handling.
- Full Sidewall – Direct and strong power transmission with full length sidewalls.
- P-Tex 2100 – A sintered high-density and high molecular weight polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.
- We recommend a brake width equal to or at most 15 mm wider than the ski waist width.