The Dough Boy was created in the late 80s by Mike Olson when snowboarding was still rapidly evolving, and no one knew where we were headed except Jamie Lynn. Mike’s concept was a longer camber board on a fixed width stance would provide a smoother ride through rough terrain, float incredibly in powder and the big tips and tails would carve into beautiful arcs on hardpack and ice...he was right! This thing looks a bit intimidating, but it rides like a magical freestyle dream from an alternative universe... the inside of Mike’s mind... our friend Chauncy launches progressive spin missions of this platform on the daily. All the good stuff is built in... eco sublimated TNT fast & Low maintenance base, Aspen Paulownia core, rugged UHMW sidewalls and tip and tail and our new light, strong, Magesium Techno fiber band glass and carbon reinforcement keep this Boy poppin.
- Traditional Camber - Maximum control and powder. Distributes maximum energy to tops and tails. Precision, power and pop. Ideal for aggressive skilled riders who like camber.
- Medium - Stiff – Stout enough to charge your hardest but without excessive harshness.
- Original Power (OP) Construction – 75% Aspen / 25% Paulownia – Light. Environmentally nice. Strong.
- TRI-AX/MAGNESIUM TECHNO FIBER BANDS AND CARBON
- Birch Internal Sidewalls
- UHMW Sintered Sidewalls
- UHMW Tip / Tail Impact Deflection
- Eco Sublimated TNT – The highest density UHMW and fastest base material without wax. TNT features a unique dual-layer thermal fusion “phase alteration” process which aligns the molecular chains into an engineered crystalline structure. The titanium layer reflects light and heat, keeping the base at or near snow temperatures. The crystal layer is the fastest base material without wax, making it a very consistent sliding surface in a wide variety of conditions and wax wear lifecycles. Wax to conditions as normal, but the board will remain fast even as wax wears. TNT produces optimal graphic reproduction with the proprietary water based eco sublimation process. Easy to maintain easy to repair.
- Magne-Traction® – Strategically located edge serrations provide unreal edge hold and control in all conditions. Turns ice into powder.
- Eco Sublimated Poly Top – High strength, impact resistant, lightweight dimensionally stable UV and temperature resistant top material decorated using an environmentally friendly eco sublimation process.
- Mervin Made – Hand made at the Mervin Factory in Washington, USA with zero hazardous waste.
- 2 x 4 Inserts
BOARD SIZE CHART
|Effective Edge (mm)
|Tip Width (mm)
|Waist Width (mm)
|Tail Width (mm)
|Sidecut Radius (m)
|Stance Setback (in)
|Stance Range (in)