There's a lot of "quiver of one" and "throw the rest of your skis away" chatter out there. Even we're guilty of it. With every ounce of earnesty we can muster, however, the Pioneer 96 is one of the most versatile skis on the market and certainly the stand-out "quiver of one" stick in the entire Icelantic family. Think loaded Range Rover, with just a ridiculous 0-60 MPH and the ability to tackle just about any terrain you can throw at it. The Pioneer 96 tackles standard powder days with aplomb, laps groomers with confidence and stability, and will have you actually craving crud and windblown nonsense.
Icelantic continues to tinker, however, this year reducing the tail rocker to give the Pioneer a more directional aesthetic and even better all-mountain performance. A Power Poplar Core keeps it as snappy and responsive as ever, with its tapered shape and 5mm of underfoot camber responding to your every muscle twitch.
On piste. Off piste. All across the mountain these skis will have you derp-smiling at the end of every run and if we had the power to guarantee that we would!
But some people never derp-smile...and those people are difficult to trust...
- Icelantic's only true "quiver of one" ski (with the women's Pioneer), excelling all over the mountain and in every condition but the deepest powder days
- This ski will eat crud for breakfast, zoom on groomers, and float through normal powder days
- Reduced rocker in the tail to lend a more directional aesthetic and better all-mountain performance for '22/'23
- Poplar Power Core serves up a snappy, stable-at-speed, and responsive personality
- 31cm tip rocker, 5mm camber underfoot, and 21cm tail rocker
- EXTL 2200 Tri-Axe fiberglass sandwich construction
- Full Durasurf 2001 HDPE sidewalls and 2.2mm steel edge
- Top-notch Durasurf 4001 sintered HDPE base
- Made in Colorado
- 3 year warranty