When the 2023 Atomic Hawx Prime XTD 130 CT GW Alpine Touring Ski Boots hit the market five years ago they had awards falling out of their ears. The R&D department just forgot one eensy teensy thing - they didn't fit wider volume feet. Atomic heard the static and filled in the gaps with the Hawx Prime LTD 130 CT GW, boasting a 100mm-last with a lighter, alpine touring-focused design. And voila, now everyone's happy (especially because there's a wide version, too)!
Whether you're an all-mountain type of skier - from lift laps to scooting through the foliage - or spend most of your time deep in the back bowls, the Hawx Prime LTD 130 delivers top-shelf weight-to-power ratios, the wildly underappreciated Mimic Platinum liner, and one of the bst ski-to-walk mechanisms on the market. The 100mm last should easily fit most average to slightly higher volume feet, granting a bit more grace in the midfoot and certainly the toe box.
Slightly heavier than extremely touring focused boots, the Hawx Prime was built for skiers who spend a lot of time hiking or on the skin track in order to drive their skis with power and aggression on the descent. Before we part ways, however, let's chat about what you're getting with those extra ounces. Most of that minimal weight is found in the excellent Mimic Platinum liner. Compared to lighter boots, the Mimic is a shock absoption machine, erasing vibration, lessening impacts, and simply feeling way more substantial. It gets its name because after leaving the oven the liner "mimics" the precise shape of your foot and hardens for a dialed-in custom fit. Not too bad few extra ounces.
- Medium-width boot that perfectly balances uphill and downhill performance, especially for those who covet an aggressive descent after the hike/skin
- Complete tech inserts in heel and toe allow for max touring binding compatibility
- 130 stiffer flex for expert or experienced skiers who want serious edge-to-edge response and power transmission
- Energy Backbone offers reinforcement in key zones, lending extra strength and edge grip for powerful skiing
- Backland Free/Lock 4.0 ski-to-walk mechanism allows for a natural stride and excellent range of motion
- Frictionless Pivot means Igus polymer bearings provide completely natural movement for effortless ascents
- Memory Fit advanced heat-fitting tech creates a fully personalized shell, cuff and liner in minutes
- Mimic Platinum Liner - more substantial than most touring liners - mimics the shape of your foot and hardens for a custom fit
- 2 year warranty
|Flex Index||130 (very stiff)|
|Buckles||4 Aluminum Buckles with 50mm Cam Strap|
|Liner||Mimic Platinum Liner with Touring Flex Zone|
|Forward Last||100 mm for an average to slightly wider foot|
|Forward Lean||15° and 17°|
|Range of Motion||54°|
|Ski/Walk Mode||Free/Lock 4.0|
|Binding System||Tech and GripWalk (ISO 23223)|
|Weight||1840 g / 4 lbs (1/2 pair size 26.5)|