Marker Alpinist 8 Touring Ski Bindings - 2022
Marker has heard your pleas for a lower, adjustable lateral release value, along with a lower vertical release, all the while keeping your concerns about weight and ski performance in mind. Even though that is a lot to process in one request, they put it all together and have called it the Alpinist 8 binding. Along with hitting all the specs sought after by lighter weight, or less aggressive skiers, this binding also happens to be very user friendly and can hold up to a great deal of flex from your skis without release so land it in the back seat, or nose-butter away! Since Marker knows that safety isn't third (apparently, it's first) the Alpinist 8 heel piece sits snug against the back of your boot allowing for a more consistent release and some rebound when exiting turns. Well paired with anything from Race+ to Beef boots, you can change your mind on which boot to take out since there is 15mm of adjustment to accommodate different BSL's. The Alpinist 8 is very similar to the Alpinist 9 and 12 in that it has a flat mode, an easy to use riser, and optional brakes should that be your cup of tea. If you want to ski at more humane release values the Marker Alpinist 8 checks that box along with a few others.
- Gapless heel just like the Alpinist 9 for release value consistency and rebound.
- Anti-ice pads are placed under the toe and heel to keep snow and ice from building up.
- Adjustable lateral release in the heel, allowing for release values of 3-8.
- Lower vertical release value than the Alpinist 9 or 12 with the "soft" spring installed.
- Integrated crampon receptor works with Marker Pintech ski crampons.
- 15mm of adjustment in the heel accommodates different BSL's.
- Featuring a carbon-reinforced pin toe for lightweight security.
- Flat-on-ski mode for those long approaches and meadow skipping.
- Removable brake widths of 90mm, 105mm, and 115mm.