Armada Tracer 98 Skis - 2020
If you're on the hunt for one ski and one ski alone, the single quiver to tackle your all-mountain experience on blue bird and storm days alike, you've landed on the right page. The Tracer 98 Ski is the most versatile pair of planks in Armada's Tracer fleet, and it's a top contender to be your new daily driver both in bounds or out. With a 98mm waist, the Tracer 98 can handle pretty much anything Old Man Winter throws your way—the rockered profile keeps you afloat in the soft stuff, while camber underfoot lets you carve like your old GS days.
The hybrid wood core utilizes a lighter wood in the tip and tail, with denser wood underfoot to ease turn initiation and give you that giddy playfulness that makes you feel like a kid again. Meanwhile, Armada's adaptive mesh insert gives you the dampness and stability you need for a smooth ride through crunchy crud and chowder fields alike. And in 2019 these skis weigh in at 12% lighter than the previous year, so slap a pair of AT bindings on and you'll have yourself a solid backcountry setup that's ready to drop pillow lines and smear steep patches of corn.
- An all-mountain ski that craves off-piste action
- 98mm waist underfoot handles a wide variety of conditions
- Rockered profile encourages float over powder and crud alike
- Traditional camber underfoot increases edge-to-edge response
- Hybrid wood core engenders lightweight, maneuverable play
- Fiberglass mesh insert keeps your sticks damp and stable
- Base treatment maximizes glide and speed