Marker Alpinist 12 Alpine Touring Ski Bindings - 2021
Marker had something impressive brewing in their secret lab: introducing the Marker Alpinist binding. The Alpinist brings release characteristics reserved for heavier bindings to the sub-250g category. The heel piece incorporates a spring-loaded track that keeps the heel piece flush with the heel of the boot, eliminating release-value fluctuation when the ski flexes. That, combined with high-tech materials and secure geometry lets you ski with confidence. You can also get more in tune with your skis due to the low ramp-angle enabled by the race-inspired heel piece. The binding is well-featured with BSL and lateral release adjustments, two riser positions, and optional brakes. If you have been on the fence about lightweight tech bindings, we encourage you to try the Marker Alpinist 12.
- Dynamic Length Compensation in the heel piece eliminates ski flex from the release value equation.
- 15mm of boot sole adjustment in the heel so you can use multiple boots.
- Adjustable lateral release from 6-12 means you can ski at your chart value.
- A “High” U-Spring controls vertical release and is swappable with Low and Medium springs, available separately.
- Wide 38mm hole pattern in toe piece means more ski-hold and power transfer.
- Rubber stops on the toe piece aid step-in so you can get to skiing faster.
- Heel flap rests on U-Spring for fast transitions, but when spun 180° it will offer extra riser height.
- Optional brakes come in 90mm, 105mm, and 115mm sizes.
- Available Pintech ski crampons fit snugly in the receptors.