Salomon Malamute Snowboard Boots - 2019
The Salomon Malamute Snowboard Boot is the go-to choice for aggressive riders charging everything from the craggy peaks of Wyoming's Tetons to the no-fall lines of Alaska's Chugach. As the stiffest boot in Salomon's line, the Malamute's earned a renowned status among freeriders bombing steeps at cheek-wobbling speeds and sending 30-foot cliffs into fluffy powder.
Salomon's PowerLock speedlace system ensures a powerfully tight fit in seconds, with the laces securing in place with a criss-cross locker situated atop the tongue. Then, the Power Frame shell is RPU-reinforced to retain its stiff flex throughout the course of multiple seasons, and the rubberized outer shell prevents premature wear that usually results from the boot rubbing against the binding's heelcup.
Cushioning big drops and hard landings, an Ortholite C3 footbed smooths out potentially painful impacts and chatter at high speeds. Energizer H-bars attach underneath the shell for a stiffer, more responsive feel, while the Platinum liner with Custom Fit Pro Foam conforms to the unique contours of your feet, with its multi-density structure retaining a high degree of stiffness without packing out. A rugged Trek EC+ outsole grips treacherous icy terrain when unstrapped, and adds impact-absorbing protection when you're back on the board.
- Salomon's stiffest boot for charging steep alpine terrain
- Powerlock lacing maximizes the boot's support and stiffness
- Extremely stiff flex for unrelenting support and stability
- Ortholite C3 footbed cushions overshot landings
- Power Frame shell with Energizer H-bars for customizable support
- Platinum liner of multi-density foam for maximum flex retention
- Removable ankle bars (inside liner) for locked-down heel hold
- Trek EC+ sole for hiking out-of-bounds with its rugged traction